For most people, the rooms in our homes are decorated when we move in and then left as is. That is until we become bored and feel confined by the current look. Redecorating can become rather expensive rather quickly. Many people have a tendency to get carried away and spend more money than they can afford not to mention more money than is needed. Here are 5 easy ways to give your living room a new look without breaking the bank.
- Slipcovers – Slipcovers are the easiest and cheapest way to make your furniture look new again. They come in all sizes, even one size fits all. There is a variety of colors and patterns to choose from. It should not be hard to find one to match your existing decor. If you want to change things up a bit, you can get a new design.
- Curtains – Replacing your curtains can spring life back into your living room. Your curtains either stand or blend in depending on their pattern. Changing your curtains can make a grand statement.
- Lighting – There are a lot of little things you can do with your lighting that can make anywhere from the slightest difference to a large impact on the appearance of the room. You can change things such as the light fixture covers, you can add new lamps to the room, change the style of lamps, even changing the wattage or the color of the bulb will make a big difference. Going from an overhead light to a floor lamp will add a soft look to your room.
- Accent Pieces – Simply adding a few new items to a room can change the appearance of the entire room. You don’t have to buy something new. You can just use something from another area of the house. Paintings and wall art can add color to a room and make an eye-popping change. Adding a simple well-placed end table change the look of an entire room.
- Paint – Whether you add a splash of paint or paint the entire room the new color will definitely make your living room look new again.
If you choose to add new items to the living room, you can save money by doing a quick online search. Online you can find merchants that sell the same items as your locals store but at cheaper rates. If you want to save even more money you can search for online discounts codes or coupons. There are many websites that offer coupons and discount codes for various merchants. One such website is Groupon.com. They have discounts ranging from free shipping to percentages off of products or final price. Bringing new life to your living room will be a fun project and if you’re not careful you just might have enough fun that you start doing the other rooms in your home.